Goodness me, what a week. I have to admit I’ve been struggling lately, and every day’s been a precarious balance between trying to do more and struggling to stay afloat. As a result, I haven’t checked as many things off this week’s list as I had hoped, but I’m feeling ok and ready to tackle the coming week.
What worked well
- I’ve been using my ‘Next Steps’ list I talked about in this week’s Wednesday post, and I’ve done seven out of twelve things on it! It’s been really helpful to make the items small, and to have the list on my desk where it serves as a reminder of my plans.
- I’m enjoying using my new phone to streamline my life. I’m trying out a lot of different apps, from basic ones like Google Keep to more niche ones like My Fitness Pal and Sleep Time. I feel like it enables me to do little things every day to work on improving my life, without feeling like a huge undertaking.
- While I haven’t managed to make time to sit down and plan out a roadmap as I had hoped, I have been doing some planning in my head while going about my day – driving or washing up gives the brain plenty of time to think about things! I have more ideas than I expected, including some new things to discuss on this blog, so stay tuned.
Focus for the coming week
- While this is a repeat of last week’s plan, I really do want to set aside time for planning sessions. I’m increasingly feeling the need for it, so it’s an absolute priority for the coming week. No excuses!
- As part of my goal to find enjoyable kinds of exercise, I want to try dancing every day. I am not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but I want to try putting on a song every night and just dancing along to it. It’s not like anyone’s watching!
- Again a possible repeat, but I really want to spend some time drawing. I have an idea for a long-term project, and I want to take the first step by spending a little time this week just sitting down and doodling.
Time to get going – onwards again!