I’ve decided to move my reviews to Sunday nights, as I often manage one last push on my weekly aims over the weekend. It also seems like a better time to plan for the coming week, getting ready to hit the ground running. This week I’ve been really busy, so haven’t done much of what I planned to do.
What worked well
- Doing some tidying and cleaning on weekends seems to work well for me – I have more energy than I do on weeknights, and make good progress. This weekend I’ve been decluttering the bathroom, particularly throwing away any products past their best.
- We’re getting more daylight every day (11 hours 11 minutes 20 seconds today), and while that’s not my accomplishment by any stretch of the imagination, I’m finding that it’s making a difference to my life. I’m more energetic and motivated to get things done. It’s like I’m gathering a little momentum every day!
- I’ve survived February! It’s been a tough month, very busy and stressful, with little going to plan. I’ve made it through, and while I don’t feel like I got enough done, I’ve made looking after myself a priority. As a result, I feel prepared to tackle March, with lots of plans for what I’ll accomplish.
Focus for the coming week
- Having failed to get some nice in-depth planning done this week (for good reasons, so I’m not beating myself up about it!), I’m making this a priority for the coming week. I want to have a roadmap for the coming week, month and few months put together. I am hoping that such a plan will give more value and meaning to each day.
- Time to re-engage with the 100 Pushups Challenge. I’ve been forgetting to get it done, and am keen get into the habit of working on it regularly. I’ve just stuck a Post-it on my computer to remind myself to do it.
- As a way of having ‘quality downtime’, I’d like to spend some time on creativity or crafts this week. It’s taken a back seat recently, and I’d like to avoid abandoning it completely. I will make time for making things this week!
Feeling positive about the coming week – allons-y!