Time to look back at this week and see how things have gone. I’ve been more tired than usual, which has meant being less productive in the evening – however, I’ve still managed to do small things, which in some way compensates.
What worked well
- I’ve managed to fit in some reading! My new routine is to read in bed for a few minutes before I go to sleep. It may not seem like much, but I’m making progress on a book I’ve been meaning to read for a while. Also, this new routine motivates me to go to bed a little earlier, which I have sometimes found difficult in the past.
- After a less-than-productive week at home, I’ve had a rather pleasing Saturday. I’ve done a big tidy-up of my hallways and staircase, and the space feels so much airier now. As a bonus, I can now walk into rooms without having to step over something – a huge improvement!
- I’ve started using MyFitnessPal to track my meals, because I wanted to find out how healthily or unhealthily I’m eating. I’ve managed to be really diligent with it, and have recorded every single thing I’ve eaten this week! Having the app on my phone really helps with this, as it will remind me if it thinks I’ve forgotten to record a meal.
Focus for the coming week
- Having given myself some time off this week, I now feel it’s time to get back to getting my life more organised. I look forward to having things more planned out by the end of this month, for a more streamlined March!
- I’ve noticed that I seem to alternate between doing a lot one week and very little the next. I’d like to find a balance between the two, so this week I’ll be thinking about ways to do this. Ideally each week will consist of both productive time and quality downtime.
- I often think of something that I want or need to do, only to forget it shortly afterwards. I want to work on making notes on the go to stop this happening. There is a variety of ways to do this, so I’ll be comparing the methods to see what works best for me.
Onwards to a new week!