‘The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often askew.’
As you might guess from the quote above, this week hasn’t really gone to plan! I’ve been really busy planning ahead for the next couple of months – I’m going to be extremely busy both at work and on the personal front – which has been a challenge. Hopefully planning will smooth the path ahead, but there are no guarantees in this world!
What worked well
- I’m really pleased with having managed to remain upbeat and operational throughout this week despite numerous setbacks. Giving myself a pat on the back for this!
- I’ve been kind to myself by giving myself some proper time off this weekend. I was originally planning to get a million things done, but I was able to step back and allow myself time to recharge after the busy week. I’m hoping this will help me tackle next week.
- I did some sewing, which I hadn’t done in ages, and it was fun! It was a small project for work, which gave me the motivation to actually do it, and perhaps it will help me become more engaged in my crafts.
Focus for the coming week
- This weekend has highlighted the importance of taking time off from tasks. Next week, I will make sure to have some proper downtime every day, to maintain some degree of sanity.
- I will block off some time for a proper ‘brain dump’ – details of what this is, how and why I do it coming up in my Wednesday post! This has been long overdue, and is sorely needed.
- I will read ‘Unf*ck Your Habitat‘ by Rachel Hoffman, and see if I can apply it. Preliminary skimming suggests that yes, and I already have a copy on my Kindle.
Let’s get on with it!