It’s been a busy week, yet another in a series of rather busy and stressful weeks!
What worked well
- Keeping up with Duolingo. I’m still doing a little bit of French every day, and am now on a 23-day streak! Very exciting.
- I made an ‘experimental’ meal and it worked! I was looking for a way to utilise large amounts of lentils, and ended up combining four recipes to produce something quite tasty. I tend to batch-cook, so having a week’s worth of lunches that are more interesting than my usual selection has been good.
- I’m feeling more inspired to have a big house clear-out. This week I’ve spent so much time and energy looking for things that I’m really keen to finally make an effort and get rid of a proportion of my belongings. This may not sound like something that’s ‘worked’, but I’ve been trying to motivate myself to declutter, and I’m finally feeling like it might happen.
Focus for the coming week
- Prioritise sleep. Over the past few weeks, I’ve been trying to get so many things done in the evenings that I’ve ended up having quite a few late nights! As a result, I’m tired and cranky and running low on mental resources. Time to focus more on self-care and make sure to get my 8 hours.
- Make time to read. In a similar vein, I need to spend more time relaxing, and I know that reading works well for me in that respect. Time to start chipping away at my epic to-read list!
- Paying attention to my monthly themes, I’d like to use the coming week to round off the plans from January (Health Month) and start on my plans for February (Money Month).
And off to bed wit’ ye!