This week has been more difficult than usual in terms of following through on my plans. This is partly why this update is a day late. I came home with a migraine last night, and went to bed immediately. Things like this happen sometimes, and they do mean foregoing previous plans. It’s a shame, but at the same time it’s important to be realistic and flexible about your goals.
What worked well
- Recently I’ve gotten into a weekly habit of making soup and having it for lunch at work. I’ve been doing this for several weeks now, and am really happy about the process. It ensures I eat a healthy inexpensive lunch, and also takes the guesswork out of meals – I don’t have to come up with a new lunch idea every day.
- Memorising the weekly poem is still going well, and I’m definitely enjoying it! I’ve gotten into a good routine now, and look forward to a new poem every Monday night.
- I’ve been using a Buller Journal for work since September, and it’s been quite helpful for keeping track of everything. This is something I’ll talk about in more detail in one of my Wednesday posts.
Focus for the coming week
- I’ve so far failed to improve my reminders setup. I need to set myself a good reminder for improving my reminders!
- I also haven’t managed to sit down for my writing and brainstorming sessions this week, and it’s something that I think will be quite important.
- Because I’m new to my job, I keep noticing areas of Professional Development I need to work on. This week I’ll have a think of how to integrate this into my already busy life!
Once more with feeling!